Sports Performance Enhancement Group (SPEG)
The SPEC program is dedicated to the development of sport through coaches’ clinics, sports camps, community involvement, athlete monitoring programs, and research.
What is SPEC and what do we do?
The Sports Performance Enhancement Consortium (SPEC) began as a collaborative effort between The Sports Science Concentration in The Department of Kinesiology, Leisure, and Sport Science and ETSU Athletics. This type of relationship is not found anywhere in the United States and offers a unique opportunity for the advancement of sport sciences. SPEC was created in the Spring of 2006 with the following goals:
- Providing monitoring services for the ETSU sports teams.
- Being instrumental in the development of coaches and sports scientists.
- Producing “cutting edge” sports science research.
- Gaining national and international recognition as the leader in coaching development and sports science, including the development of research, service and educational programs.
Services and Equipment
- Hydration - Urine Specific Gravity
- Body Composition - Skin Fold Calipers, Bioelectrical Impedance
- Vertical Jump - Static and Counter-movement Jumps (Weighted and Un-weighted) off force plate (with or without potentiometers) or switch mat
- Agility Tests - Created in conjunction with sports science staff and coaching staff to best represent sport specific agility.
- Custom force rack with force plate and potentiometers - Isometric Mid-thigh Pulls, Dynamic Mid-thigh Pulls, Vertical Jumps